The Austrian Presidency of the Council of the European Union will host the next ICT event at the Austria Centre Vienna in December 2018. ICT2018 will focus on the European Union’s priorities in the digital transformation of society and industry. The event will present an opportunity for the people involved in this transformation to share their experience and vision of Europe in the digital age.
ICT 2018 will have four main components organized around the theme Imagine Digital – Connect Europe: Conference, Exhibition, Networking opportunities and Innovation and Startups forum.
The ICT events are organised since 1998 by the European Commission and are open and participatory events where European citizens can join science community members, policymakers, and fellow ICT-enthusiasts to discuss the future in a digital Europe.
The Conference programme will feature influential speakers and debates around the EU’s digital policy. The programme will involve relevant parties from industry, research and public bodies. The ‘Imagine18’ campaign will reach out to generations ranging from teenagers to the elderly to learn how citizens feel about the digital revolution and its effects on daily life.
The programme will include the following topics:
- Artificial intelligence and the next digital transformation of industry;
- The European data economy – realizing the potential of big data for the digital single market;
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) in Europe: development of the HPC ecosystem in applications and services;
- The role of digital skills in education and life-long learning;
- Challenges of a connected, yet secure, European society;
- Creativity and the Arts in Innovation;
- The future of research partnerships after Horizon 2020;
- eGovernment and the possibilities of digital citizenship;
- Empowerment of social media users through media literacy
As part of the ICT 2018 Exhibition programme, EU-funded research and innovation successes will be presented to the public. ICT 2018 offers networking opportunities as participants can meet and engage with the academic and research community, decision-makers, as well as business representatives. The Innovation and Startups forum will bring together market-oriented innovators and investors, and will present marketable research and innovation results from EU-funded projects.
The event is jointly organised by the European Commission (DG Connect) and the Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology.